October 23, 2018

my day

there was my birthday in the last few days and i spent some of the day in bed, as i'm fighting a cold... not too bad, after all and possible to cure by a bit more sleep and no running in the cold morning air.

some friends send me letters and presents. joel invited me and the boys (the girls were not home), out for dinner with our friends, to enjoy a fancy dinner. it was delicious and wonderful to just be pampered like that.
though the even bigger surprise was awaiting me even later in the day. my siblings and brother in law were waiting in our kitchen, sitting and enjoying a good cup of tea, or two or three (they waited just about 2hours). i didn't know they wanted to visit and so was in no hurry, delighting every moment of the dinner party.
what fun, to be surprised by loved once and celebrate even more. pouring one or two more cups of tea and second desserts. share memories and many a laugh.



No comments: