October 27, 2010

swaddeling::mummifying

my kids loved to be swaddled as newborns and the boys still love to be tucked under...
of course they would never ask to be swaddled. now they call it mummified! and i love to do it for them, that's one of the reasons they are so attached to their quilts.
it would not be quiet so easy to roll them into a down comforter. i feel a bit silly mummifying them, arms tucked tight to their bodies, the bottom part of the quilt folded up. then of course the feet need to be close and tight together too. finishing off with rolling them once or twice over.

so now here we go, my sister in law is expecting her first baby any day now. and it was for a while now my intention to make her a couple swaddling blankets and cloth wipes. i loved both of those items so much with my kids, and i feel strong about passing ideas and items which have been so useful to me, on to my loved friends.


this white cotton sheet got passed on to me from a friend, it's lovely, warm and a bit stretchy.
the blue fabric was left from the boys curtain...


o yes and the brown/orange/pink ribbon has been in my stash for a couple years. it came in handy to decorate the plain white cloths.


a dozen washcloths were quickly zigzagged and everything will be passed within the next few days. i'm so happy to have taken the time to do it today.

No comments: