July 5, 2012

my neighbors garden and mine...



at the beginning of the week, my neighbor told me to come over and pick her red currents. she did so last year and i absolutely could not pass that invitation this year either. so today it was, a wonderful sunny morning. three buckets tucked under my arm and thea in tow, we went across the street to harvest the currents. it didn't take long and thea was excitedly playing with my neighbors grandchild, the sand box, running and going indoors to check out whats in that house we see every day but never have been inside.
meanwhile i was harvesting the currents and could not believe how big my harvest was. we ate a lot, especially amos and thea have been frequent visitors to the kitchen counter, where the bowls were placed.
my garden, o well it's not really a garden at all. though i treasure it, it's beet in the front of the house which we have been planting and tending with lots of love.

No comments: