September 18, 2014

more prunes more drying

two weeks ago i got two crates of italian prunes, my friend called me up again on monday, to let me know, that there are still more fruit to be harvested. so i went on tuesday afternoon and picked two more crates!
how wonderful it is to pick fruit from the tree, to get my hands on the fresh harvest of this lat summer, it's miraculous. just such a blessing to get fruit right from the tree and into my tummy, or as you see here, i dried a lot of them. it's one of the favorite fruits being eaten dried. the kids love them, taking little bags along for snacks in school.
and while they dry in the oven, the house is full of a sweet fruit smell, which keeps my tummy grumbling and my mouth nibbling on those delicious fruits. as we did with the apples it works out fine, and takes just about 48h to dry a batch of three cookie sheets.

there will be at least two big jars of dried italian prunes and i'm sure more apples will follow.

No comments: