January 19, 2011

the pants off my needles

a few weeks since i started those purple pants for thea. i'm not a fast knitter and i'm not knitting long hours at a stretch, it's just not possible with 4 little ones (although the big boys don't really count as little anymore i guess...).


but the yesterday i was tired and it was cold outside, so i got to just sit and knit (and nurse...) for a bit after 5pm. it was very comforting and amos got the camera out...




i love close up photos of my own knitting. especially with those gorgeous wooden needles.


so then this morning i finished the project. and of course within minutes of sewing the buttons on to the bottom of the legs the lady was already taking her clothes off and jumping into the fashionable pair of pants.


she does love them, they are still a bit long, but that's ok, thea is growing quickly and of course this way she will be able to wear them for a while, at least i hope!

1 comment:

Eileenmc said...

I love these pants. Did you sew the ruffles on to the pants or did you crochet them?

I've always regretted that my both of my grandmothers who knew how to knit didn't teach me so I enrolled Aine in a 4 week knitting class at the Eliot School in the fall but she was discouraged by how hard it was. She ripped out more rows than she knit.

A new knitting store is opening soon in Hyde Square and will be offering classes. I thought Aine and I would take a class together so I could support her. I don't have as much free time as she does to knit but the little I've done I've found very relaxing.