January 4, 2012

last years list...

today i was reviewing the list of things i wanted to do in the course of the 2011 

1. participate in the project "stop armut"
--  yes i'm all in with this one, helping out with the up coming "stop armut" course in winterthur, starting in february

2. being calm, loving and firm in discussions with our kids
-- i'm not so sure how i'm doing with this issue, i do realize it when i'm failing

3. finishing elias' quilt
-- did it, here

4. sewing some more hairbands for the girls, and maybe me too
-- not done

5. knitting a skirt for naomi and a few more projects...
-- the skirt for naomi and a dress for thea, curtains for naomi's bedroom, a pair of pants for naomi, and a handfull more of little projects and gifts

6. getting into a rhythm for prayer time and contemplation
-- the rhythm is not found yet, it's an on and off

7. start running again (when it gets a bit more pleasant outdoors)
-- not happening

8. read a book a month (this includes cook- and craft books)
-- i did read, not 12 books though, more like 1/2 a dozen

9. organize a german-conversation group for my neighbor friends
-- this is happening every other thursday morning, and we do have wonderful times

10. spend some time in a cabin high up in the swiss alps
-- i'm so very happy to tell you that this was a wonderful week in the calanca valley

11. get into the habit of doing ATC's for myself and with the kids
-- not happened, and that's totally absolutely fine with us all

12. write a card a month to my godchild
-- yes happened, a big help was the calendar cards i got from sarahjane's studio

13. visit my friend a
-- sad to say no, didn't happen, the letters and emails had to do...

14. go to a session at the maiers with joel
-- yes done

15. take a photo a day
-- not done and don't regret not sticking with it

16. bake and cook with new recipe
-- yes done in some ways, i do have to do it more often

i'm not yet done with writing this years list, it will happen soon, i'm not sure yet how long it will be turning out. it's a decision i'm making as i write.
what were your list's and how happy are you about getting things done?

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I remember reading your list last year and being so inspired, Daniela! It is fun to revisit. I do not usually put my goals to paper, which means I can't easily revisit them. I'm going to reconsider that. In the meantime, here's a look back:
1) In February Marvin and I tried a cleansing diet for six weeks which completely helped us avoid the use of medications for our spring allergies- HUGE success!

2) In March we lost our dear Junebug. We knew the end was coming and I'm glad we were able to help her have a good death.

3) All spring we investigated public school options, weathered a difficult time of burnout in our hoomeschooling and ultimately continued to homeschool. I am very happy that we are homeschooling right now, and I think we are having our most relaxed and enjoyable year thus far.

4) I made a big job change in late spring and I am still very happy that I did- better work satisfaction, new areas for learning, and more compensation.

5) I spent more time exercising in nature (thanks to our beautiful weather)

This year- I would like to organize a knitting group with neighbor women. I would like to go to a conference at MGH in October (already paid for, just have to make the time). I want to explore a meditation group. I also would like to go to Colorado this summer to visit our many friends who live there.

Now let's see what kinds of surprises 2012 brings!!!