July 3, 2014

$ 1.50 a day


it took me a bit of time to decide that i want to give this a try. now it's not official a challenge anymore, it ended a week ago. though never the less i decided to eat below the line ($1.50) for a week. i liked this approach, though that would not work for me, as i'm living with a big family and have to provide meals for 12 people a day. so for me it's really to just cut things out and simply not eat.

so far i have been able to balance my days and eating, to not get anyone too much up set about my project around the table. as for the kids, they have noticed, that my plate is filled with rice or potatoes though no sauce or no cheese, no butter on my slice of bread for dinner...
for myself it is a challenge to get over the moment of craving when i'm preparing the meals for the family, there is the awareness of wanting to try the yummy smelling sauce or just pick a bacon bit out of the pot. and in the late afternoons, when the kids are having something to snack as it is still two hours to go until dinner, o that is a hard one.

in those moments i try to imagining the hard lot of servants, preparing food for their customers or employers and not being allowed to eat while doing so. but over all i kind of enjoy the challenge, and my body is taking it well.

today i had a hand full freshly picked raspberries from our garden and a glass of tea for breakfast. a plate of whole rice with a few slices of cucumber for lunch, of course water is a big plenty i'm drinking. the hard part was, when i was cooking cherry jam, to not start liking the spoon!
for dinner there will be oven roasted potatoes and i'm able to have one bite of cheese. and that is it!

No comments: