December 21, 2009

a's house shoes

for a while now was it on my mind to make a pair of house shoes for amos. he was the only one in our family without a pair of warm indoor shoes...
i really wanted to make them myself, as amos is so appreciative of home made things. my sister in law has already knit and felted for her whole family and friends so i knew she would be a good and trustworthy source in regards to wool and pattern.
a week ago we quickly visited, picked out wool from her stash, got the pattern (from this booklet) and nr. 8 knitting needles...
i wanted to start immediately but for one or an other reason was just not able to get the knitting started.


as you can see, they are all done, knitt and felted!
they turned out great, amos loves them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them!

Anonymous said...

I remember the felted hat Amos would wear. I thought it was so amazing. These are equally amazing. I saw a pattern for cute women mary jane styled slippers. Maybe someday I'll try it.