i love looking at it and filling in what i have already done and read and enjoyed. it seems a lot to me, though i know, that is highly subjective. it's ok and i love living life with this perspective.
the past few weeks have been very busy, the added appointments with thea had to be squeezed in and soon the girl will be a proud owner of glasses. i have spent many days in school and just looked at the water of the river limmat in zurich, as it has been hot and it was kind of tempting me to jump into the cool water. no not really, i rather just look at it and it cools and quiets me just fine.
there is to say, summer has started here, unusually warm and overall, i do love love love it!
but now to the list of things i want to get done and enjoy this year:
1. finish A's quilt as well as the other one, both are sandwiched, it should be a matter of a few weeks...
- A's is quilted and the framing is pinned to it.....
2. hand in the papers a couple weeks after finishing the course.
- so far so good, both papers due so far have been handed in early and the one for early july is at a friends for proof reading
3. practice the ukulele twice a week no, nowhere there
4. sewing the linen pants i have in mind
5. buy a beeswax-wrap and figure out how to do it my self...
- it just so happened, that a friend of mine was in munich and was able to stop by this store, he got me a set of wraps and i use them and am very happy. and even better, you can get them now in switzerland at change maker, for a reasonable prize!
6. visit the gewerbemuseum in the city, to see this and the münzkabinett for this
7. go on a two day get away with naomi
8. knit, crochet or sew at least one project a month
- the hat for myself
- thea's dress
- naomi's skirt
- finished up an old project, the potholder
9. stop by this store in zurich
10. rent a snow board for a few days in february, when we are in adelboden
- i did rent a snow board for 5 days and i was super happy and everything hurt, but i learned a new skill and i will improve on it next year.
11. say not quickly no to the kids, but pause and then respond
12. read good books
- the last Song, by Nicholas Sparks
- zwei bemerkenswerte Frauen, by Tracy Chevalier
- the Chameleon's Shadow, by Milette Walters
- Verspottet, geachtet, geliebt - die Frauen der Reformatoren, by Ursula Koch
- Ulrich Zwingli: Prophet, Ketzer, Pionier des Protestantismus, by Peter Opitz
- Zankapfel Bibel, by Ulrich Lutz
- A good American, by Alex George
- "Solange wir leben, müssen wir uns entscheiden", Jehuda Bacon/Manfred Lütz
- The Audacity of hope, Barack Obama
- verspottet-geachtet-geliebt, die Frauen der Reformatoren, Ursula Koch
- Kochen im Hause Luther, Thomas Correll
- Gestillt Nachtgespräche mit David, Daniel Zindel
13. have dinner out, with friends or just joel, for a change....
14. don't buy any plastic bottles (water, tea, etc.)
- so far so good, though i caught myself already a handful of times wanting to get a drink and then realizing, that i don't have my travel mug along. so i abstained.... maybe some good thing too
15. carry the bamboo mug i own in my hand bag, to use at any given time for take away beverages
- yes i do well with this one
16. organize a little house concert for our friends and neighbors
17. go on a two or three day hike with joel, a week in the dolomites is in the planning for july
18. run 25-30km a week and participate in a race
- i ran the 10k at the winterthur marathon event....
19. be especially patient and supportive with Thea practicing the cello
- this is coming along and now knowing that she does need a special portion of patience, helps in making that extra effort. she is doing well and it really is her instrument.
20. watch a good movie in the theater, with a friend
21. write snail mail birthday cards, no emails, no sms, no what's up, neither count blog comments...
- this is coming along well, though i'm skipping some not very close friends, but decided that this is fine with me, just sending out a letter with a little present and i do smile while putting this in the mail.
22. enjoy the garden with our chickens and try getting some veggies of the ground
- the chickens are fun and laid a lot this spring and with the veggies, i got three little wooden crates going with a pumpkin plant and cucumbers and some butterfly plants (fenchelkraut)
23. try new recipes, chines noodles and things, more fermented vegetables and carrots and lebanese spices. maybe borek and other kinds of food from the balkans