April 22, 2008

around town

we went for a bike ride around town, trying to find a front rack for my bike. and we kind of found one, but were not able to get it right away....
yes there is a story behind it. but first things first. we got an old bike from the basement to bike's not bombs, as a donation, they do all kinds of great things with donated bikes, look at their site! no luck in search for my front rack. second we went to ferries wheels, there we really got inspired about unicycle's! they pointed out to me, that my front wheel fork doesn't have the necessary "screw holes" to mount a regular front rack. but a guy working there over heard the conversation and told me, that he has such a rack at his bike, he never uses it and it is mountable with U-screws. so i will get my front rack by the end of the week, from him. perfect it could not have happened better.
of course water brakes.... naomi is now riding on a trail a bike, she loves it and we can pedal a regular pace with the boys, without loosing her.

No comments: