sandwiching was fun and for the first ever, i used an adhesive spray, which worked out ok. the next time, i will add a bit more spray, as i tended to use it very frugally.
and then the sewing could start, even for that one i got a new gadget, machingers cloves to be able to get a good grip on the sandwiched quilt.
for the reason of having to get that quilt on theas bed i was sewing lines, nothing fancy or tricky at all. as i do not own a long-arm machine, it worked out fine. i was not very keen on getting the lines all straight, but rather liked the organic flow of the lines. some horizontal and then again vertical, and around the blocks i felt like there was a bit of a framing needed. sewing all those "circles" was fun and i got the hang of sewing circles, and i'm sure i will sew more circles.
sewing the binding on was easy and i realized, that i like hand sewing a lot.
the quilt is very girlish with those blocks featuring the girls and i like how their hair is blowing in a summers wind. it's on thea's bed, she has not seen it after i added her name to it. i'm pleased and so happy, that i was able to incorporate her old linens (the fabric with the many hearts). those linens were a present of her godmother.
sewing for my kids is most likely one of the best loved things to do, i discovered a few years back (or may it be knitting too).
and now, there is an other quilt, the granny-square one waiting to be quilted.